Friday, August 05, 2005

Why Bagelbuoy?

So, you are probably wondering why I chose bagelbuoy as my blogspot name and email addy. Well, even if you're not, I'm gonna tell ya anyway.

One guess who it references... Yep, you're right. It's still all about Kevin. I know, I know, this is getting creepy. You would think I would get a life outside of my infatuation, and I have, but sometimes wallowing in my own misery is just gratifying.

On the last day I actually saw and spoke with Kevin, he mentioned that he wanted to stay in the EU, if he could find a job.
Since he was a US citizen and only had a Bachelor's of English in Pre-Ed, I told him that the most he could hope for was a job as a bagel boy in some Parisian cafe.

This quarter I took another class in creative writing and I decided to have my final project be about my rollercoaster ride from the Spring Quarter. Since I wanted the "Scooby-doo" ending, I had Kevin send me an email from Paris, asking me to join him there. The email addy he used was bagelbuoy@yahoo.fr. Just to make sure that some French stud didn't get hammered with junk mail from my class, I tried to get a yahoo mail account as either bagelboy or bagelboi. Both were used. Then my genius kicked in and I thought buoy, with the way we pronounce it in the US, sounds an awful lot like boy.

So, bagelbuoy was born. I decided to keep it as my own, just as I have several others I collected over the years: mrkmurfitt, tomf, and now bagelbuoy. Mrkmurfit is the first guy I had a crush on, way back in high school. TomF is a guy I worked with for 4 years. TomF and I flirted with each other the whole time but neither of us had the bahogies to go to the next step. Now there's Kevin as bagelbuoy.

Allora, ragazzi, I must go. If it's Friday night, it's pizza night AND, if I hear from Rick, it's party night.
Ciao tutti!

No comments: