Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And Faith is Restored

Adequate title, if nothing else. The guy that I was whining about 2 posts ago replied. AH, my faith in men is better. He even gave me his name (which I will NOT divulge here). Let's just say that the name, in and of itself, brings to me a sense of comfort. I don't know why. I'm just going to revel in it, so bugger off.

Now, if he weren't so much younger than me. I mean, c'mon, I'm over 300 and he's barely 28.

And, on matters of faith, something I read earlier in a blog (I will be writing the author on this, too). Typically, in Judeo-Christian religions, we tend to blame Eve for bringing sin into the world. I beg to differ. Please, follow my reasoning a bit:

When Adam was created, he spent an unknown time in the Garden of Eden. How long? We have no idea. It could have been anywhere from 1 year, to 4,000 years, or longer. He was in the Garden long enough to name all the animals that God had created.

On the other hand, Eve was in the Garden a much shorter time than Adam. Again, there is not idea how long. My guess is less than a year. I mean, she was created as a partner to Adam and to become mother to humanity. Which means, to put in bluntly, she was a baby factory. She would have become pregnant very quickly.

So, we have two people: 1 immeasurably old and the other extremely young. The serpent went after the most inexperienced, Eve. Eve was deceived, totally and completely. Adam was not. He had been alive and had a very personal relationship with his creator. His faith was secure and he loved his God. Eve, being younger, had a more immature faith.

Therefore, sin entered the world through Adam and NOT Eve.

I have heard it theorized in certain circles that if Adam had remained steadfast, had not eaten the fruit that Eve offered him, he could have gone to God and asked for forgiveness for Eve. It might have been allowable because, once again, she was deceived and he was not. If that had happened, the world would be a very different place today.

You can now return to your regularly scheduled life! I won't be so serious, next time!

No comments: