Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Meat Sale

Ok, I know it has been a VERY long time since I posted anything, but life is cruel and somehow it always manages to take up the majority of my time. However, I plan to start posting here a little more often (I plan to, doesn't mean I can). To get things started again, I have this, The Meat Sale:

I always shop at Kroger. Always have. Call it a familial support. My aunt basically runs the Kroger in my hometown, so I have an affinity for the store. For a while I shopped at Big Bear, but since it has gone out of style, Kroger is it.

Now, once upon a time, there was this guy that works at the store I shop at. He's very cute, but, to be fair, way too young for me (20, mebbe). However, there's nothing with the occasional look and a quick fantasy. After all, he was VERY cute. Dark hair/eyes, trim body...

Anyway, there I am, toodling thru the store, pushing my cart and reading the sales. On the very front it says, "Meat Sale". Hmmm. At that point, hot and sexy walks by.

I have this peculiar condition that I call the Sophia Petrillo syndrome. There's this short circuit between my brain and my mouth. Most people have a filter that keeps their thoughts from going vocal. On occasion, that filter fails me.

It did this day. The conversation, brief as it was, goes like:

"So, you're having a meat sale?" I ask.

"Yeah", sexy says.

"Anything you would recommend?"

"Uh."

"Because you look like a fine cut of meat. Hope in the cart and..."

At this point his eyes widen a little and I realize that those thoughts are out loud and not a quick fantasy. I just quickly say, "Well, later," and walk away, very fast. I looked back, once, just to make sure store security wasn't chasing me. He was standing there, looking at me with a raised eyebrow and a goofy expression on his face.

Hmmm, did I make a good impression? Was I right? Could I have gotten a prime cut of meat if I had stayed to talk? We'll never know, because I never saw him again. Still, I always will have to wonder...

No comments: